Wednesday 18 March 2009

Shhhh... Sony Reader spotted on the tube!

I did my daily scan of fellow tube travellers the other day. What are you wearing? Who's got a seat? Who's looking at me? (Well, you do don't you?) What are you reading? And there in the middle of the left hand row of seats (I was standing) was a young bloke reading from his eBook. Clearly an early adopter, this Gucci glasses scruff-head was flaunting his technology for all to see. His styled, dress-down, geek look may not have been a great advert for those other passengers entertaining the idea of getting an eBook, or eReader, but this was a first. A humanoid prepared to do the daily jostle with a sleek piece of 21st century reading kit. It is only a matter of time until the tubes will be full of them. The next breakthrough will be when I see 3 or more in a carriage.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: